Our nutritionist Bethany has come up with some delicious mock tails filled with skin loving ingredients so you can drink your way to happy and healthy skin!
Warnings: some of the herbal tinctures and teas used in these recipes should not be consumed if you’re pregnant or on certain medications. Please always check with a medical or nutrition professional first.
Hisbiscus Fizz - Great for: Mature Skin
Hibiscus is high in antioxidants which help protect the skin from common signs of ageing, as does the adaptogen Ashwagandha. Combined with soda water this is the perfect light and bubbly summer drink which also benefits your skin.
- 300ml Hibiscus Tea
- 200ml Soda Water
- 50ml Orange Juice
- 2ml Ashwagandha
- Prepare 300ml of hibiscus tea according to instructions - teabags will need to be brewed in hot water whereas some powders can be brewed using cold. If preparing hot, allow the tea to cool before preparing the drink. Option shake over ice to cool quicker.
- Add the tea to the orange juice and Ashwagandha, mix and divide between two champagne flutes. Top with soda water.
Camomile Cooler - Great for: Dry Skin
Camomile tea is extremely calming for the skin combined with coconut water to hydrate and rebalance and coriander seeds to help flush out toxins and support a radiant glow, this recipe is perfect for those struggling with dry and irritated skin.
- 300ml Camomile Tea, cooled
- 1tbsp Lemon Juice
- 100ml Coconut Water
- 2 tsp Coriander Seeds
- Add the camomile tea and coriander seeds to a heatproof jug. Pour over 300ml hot, not quite boiling water, cover and steep for 10-15 mins. Once brewed, allow to cool. Option, shake over ice to cool it faster.
- Drain off the coriander seeds and add lemon juice and coconut water. Mix well and serve over ice.
Ginger Zing - Great for: Oily/Blemish Prone Skin
Alpine Willow Herb is available as a tincture an optional has been added to this mock tail because of its ability to help protect agains blemishes and breakouts. Meanwhile the ginger will reduce any inflammation caused by blemishes you do have and spinach supports the body’s natural detoxification process.
1 to 2 cm piece of ginger
1/2 a cucumber
200ml coconut water
4 drops Willow tincture
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth.
- Sieve the ingredients to remove pulp and serve over ice.
You Might Also Be Interested In: